"Dypfryst" 215mm Gyuto - Nordic Dusk Series
Nordic Dusk Series - This concept arose from my desire to create something simultaneously rustic and vast. I love drawing inspiration from natural landscapes, this one coming directly from my time in Norway. There are few places more vast yet somehow cozy. With these knives I wanted to create something vast and cold with the look of the dusky blade, yet still have them feel like each one had a story to tell with it's visible birch dowel and slightly different accent wood. I hope these inspire you to cook heartily and cozy up by the fire.
This is ground to be a solid all-round knife with a fairly stout spine above the heel, but also has a very fine tip for detailed cutting and nimble movement. The handle on this one is slim, to drive the balance foward a touch to the maker's mark and give that 'blade assist' cutting feel.
- Hand-forged 52100 high carbon steel with a rustic dusky etch and beautifully white etched decarb from the forging process
- Visible black birch dowel at handle/blade junction for yet more rustic charm
- Black stabilised hornbeam with blue stabilised negundo maple and nickel spacers
- 188g overall weight
- 60mm blade height at heel
- Distal taper - 3.8mm to 2.3mm half to 1 at k-tip
Balance on the maker's mark