"Eviggronne" 210mm Santoku - Nordic Dusk Series
Nordic Dusk Series - This concept arose from my desire to create something simultaneously rustic and vast. I love drawing inspiration from natural landscapes, this one coming directly from my time in Norway. There are few places more vast yet somehow cozy. With these knives I wanted to create something vast and cold with the look of the dusky blade, yet still have them feel like each one had a story to tell with it's visible birch dowel and slightly different accent wood. I hope these inspire you to cook heartily and cozy up by the fire.
This knife is quite balanced between work-horse and laser. It has a high heel and a very fine tip allowing it to excel at all types of cutting. The edge profile is quite flat, which lends itself well to efficient push-cuts. The tip on this one will literally sing to you if you ask it by tapping the board.
- Hand-forged 52100 high carbon steel with a rustic dusky etch and coffee patina
- Visible black birch dowel at handle/blade junction for yet more rustic charm
- Black stabilised hornbeam with green stabilised birdseye maple and nickel spacers
- 186g overall weight
- 63mm blade height at heel
- Distal taper - 3.8mm to 2.8mm half to .8 2cm before tip
- Balance on the choil