"Bal" 170mm S-grind Bunka - Nordic Dusk Series
Nordic Dusk Series - This concept arose from my desire to create something simultaneously rustic and vast. I love drawing inspiration from natural landscapes, this one coming directly from my time in Norway. There are few places more vast yet somehow cozy. With these knives I wanted to create something vast and cold with the look of the dusky blade, yet still have them feel like each one had a story to tell with it's visible birch dowel and slightly different accent wood. I hope these inspire you to cook heartily and cozy up by the fire.
This is an absolute laser, with an exceptionally hollow s-grind section, it feels super light in the hand. It will be a joy to wield.
- Hand-forged 52100 high carbon steel with a rustic dusky etch and coffee patina
- Visible black birch dowel at handle/blade junction for yet more rustic charm
- Black stabilised hornbeam with red stabilised spalted birch and nickel spacers
- 140g overall weight
- 63mm blade height at heel
- Distal taper - 3.5mm to 2.4mm half to 1.1 at k-tip
- Balance is just in front of the handle junction at the ricasso